In the week that the number of COVID- related deaths in the UK exceeded 100,000, so both Archbishops are inviting everyone to call on God in Prayer for the Nation.
Starting on 1 February you are invited to set aside time every evening to pray, particularly at 6pm each day.
The Archbishops issued this renewed call to prayer outlined in their most recent letter to clergy, released earlier this week.
There will be a rolling seven day of themes for prayers, as follows:
- Sunday – Family, friends and loved ones
- Monday – Schools and colleges, children and young people
- Tuesday – Elderly, isolated and vulnerable
- Wednesday – Businesses, the workplace and economic wellbeing
- Thursday – The NHS and other key workers
- Friday – National and local governments
- Saturday – All who are grieving and all suffering with physical and mental ill-health.
Prayer resources, including new weekly prayers, daily biddings, family prayers and a prayer booklet (downloadable as a PDF) are all available by clicking here, whilst a range of video reflections from senior church leaders on YouTube praying for specific daily themes and also general ‘prayers for the nation can be viewed by clicking here.